Header Ads

Sea of Stars is pure RPG comfort food once you push past its slow start

Image: Sabotage Studio Sea of Stars is basically a modern-day SNES RPG. I had a sense that would be the case going in: it has pixel art clearly inspired by 16-bit classics, pits a ragtag group of adventurers against evil forces, uses a clever turn-based battle system, and is filled with stunning music (including a few tracks from Chrono Trigger composer Yasunori Mitsuda). But I was glad my hunch was right. I devoured Sea of Stars in a little over a week, and each time I booted it up, I felt like I was playing the type of old-school RPG I would have spent afternoons with as a kid. A lot of that nostalgia came from Sea of Stars’ gorgeous pixel art, which looks similar to games like Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger but with an incredible amount of modern-day… Continue reading… from The Verge – All Posts
https://ift.tt/oDe5J01 via Grabey
http://dlvr.it/SvtTfc

Fashion

Tech

Animals

News

Games

Entertainment

Social

Sports

Travel

Powered by Blogger.