Header Ads

Google’s new Project Starline prototype isn’t a giant booth

Image: Google Google has revealed a new, smaller version of its Project Starline 3D telepresence technology as part of its bevy of updates announced at Google I/O. In the past, I’ve described Project Starline as a video chat booth because it was a booth you could actually sit in to talk to lifelike holographic projections of another person. I got to sit in a Starline booth last October, and I thought it was really impressive. But this new Starline prototype looks more like a big TV that I can more reasonably imagine fitting in an office or conference room. In addition to the smaller size, the updated Starline apparently doesn’t require the special array of infrared light emitters and cameras used by the version of the technology that I saw. Instead,… Continue reading… from The Verge – All Posts https://ift.tt/zh4bDFJ via Grabey
http://dlvr.it/SnsLTs

Fashion

Tech

Animals

News

Games

Entertainment

Social

Sports

Travel

Powered by Blogger.