Header Ads

Burns victim rejected surgery because she loves her scars

A burns survivor whose face was was melted by scorching butter as a toddler now rejects surgery because she has learnt to love her scars.



Alyssa McDonald’s parents were told to make funeral arrangements after she tipped a pain of melted butter onto her face when she was two years old.

But she defied doctors and went onto have over 100 surgeries, including skin grafts, the fitting of a prosthetic eye and lip and eyebrow reconstruction.

However, the 25-year-old, from Cincinnati, has not had surgery for almost a decade and now goes by the motto ‘I wear my flaws like diamonds’

The day care teacher, said: ‘After being rushed to hospital I slipped into a coma, where my mom said my head swelled ten times its normal size.

‘The doctors told her the best thing to do was to call the pastor and start getting funeral arrangements together as there was no way I was going to make it.’

Over 85% of Alyssa’s face was left scarred by the incident and subsequent surgeries.

She was called a ‘monster’ at school and suffered the humiliation of kids running away from her crying.

‘At Halloween, we went to the store for candy, there were loads of kids in costumes and the cashier thought I had a Halloween mask on,’ she recalled.

‘She told me, “It’s the most realistic mask I’ve seen all day”, when I told her it was my real face she was mortified.’

Source: http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/07/burns-victim-refuses-surgery-because-she-loves-her-scars-6432542/#mv-a

Fashion

Tech

Animals

News

Games

Entertainment

Social

Sports

Travel

Powered by Blogger.