Header Ads

Katy Perry ‘forgives’ Taylor Swift and says that she still ‘loves her’

Is one of the world’s biggest pop battles finally coming to a close?
Katy Perry ‘forgives’ Taylor Swift and says that she still ‘loves her’

During Katy Perry’s promotional Witness World Wide livestream this weekend, the 32-year-old Roar singer admitted that she was totally over the ongoing rivalry, and has now forgiven Taylor after all that’s been said and done.
While speaking with Thrive Global Podcast’s Arianna Huffington the songstress said: ‘I am ready to let it go! I forgive, I forgive, I forgive her and I’m sorry for anything I ever did, and I hope the same from her.’
Perry continued: ‘I think it’s time. There are bigger fish to fry, and there are real problems in the world. You know what I’m saying? And I love her, and I want the best for her. And I think she’s a fantastic songwriter.
‘If we, both her and I, can be representatives of strong women that come together despite their differences, I think the whole world is going to go like, “Yeah, well we can do this.”
‘I don’t know. Like maybe I don’t agree with everything she does and she doesn’t agree with everything I do, but I just really truly want to come together in a place of love and forgiveness and understanding and compassion.’
This comes just days after the Dark Horse singer accused Swift of trying to ‘assassinate’ her character with ‘little girls’ [her fans] claiming that it was ‘messed up.’
She told NME: ‘I did try and reach out to her. I tried to do the right thing, the good thing, and, you know, she shut me down and wrote a song …’
Following this interview, Taylor returned her music back catalogue for streaming, apparently as a way to say thank you to her fans after withdrawing her tracks from sites such as Spotify in 2014.
However this just so happened to be on the same release date as Perry’s new album, Witness.
Katy’s Kats weren’t the only ones to clock this either, as UK singer Lily Allen also piped up on Twitter saying that what Taylor’s decision was ‘mean’.
The pair famously fell out back in 2012, after the Shake It Off singer claimed that Katy had pinched three of her backing dancers from her Red tour.
Since then however, Katy’s opinion on Taylor appears to have softened, so is it officially time to end the Bad Blood?

Fashion

Tech

Animals

News

Games

Entertainment

Social

Sports

Travel

Powered by Blogger.